12.06.2009

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas **

** but didn't care enough to ask

For the actual FUNNY, original version, go visit Missy!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Oh Egg Nog.  I take little sips of it, roll it around my tongue, squish it through my teeth, then feel it gliiiiide down my throat while my eyes roll in the back of my head.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Who's he?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The little white kind.  On the tree.  But lately?  I've wanted to put up those big fat multi-color ones that can set your house on fire.  No lights on the house.  Noooooooooooooooo.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. No frou frou.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Never. See #4. Unless you make me.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything that someone else makes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My mom and brother sitting there changing all the big fat multi-color light bulbs and replacing with all blue.  We were the only classy-looking house of our neighborhood in 1970.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was already too old by the time I came to the U.S.  And my parents would never have gone for anything like that

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.  Umm . . . why?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Whatever inspires me at the thrift stores.  Last year and this year I'm doing red and pink.  Yeah that's right.  I know you think that clashes.  It depends how it's done.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love.  Love love.  Want to take the Boo Kidlet skiing this year.  Yeah!

12. Can you ice skate?  I can remain semi-vertical without holding onto the sides.  Is that a yes?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  Money.  Cash.  Mullah.  Donn.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Shamelessly stealing from Missy: "Oh, I guess if I were really pressed, I would have to say THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? see #6

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Not really having one.  I like that Christmas isn't about tradition for us.  I know that can be all warm and fuzzy and I don't blame anyone else.  It's just that I like to try to remember only what He was annointed to be.

17. What tops your tree? A cocoa-skinned, dark-haired beauty of an angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. My tastes are too quirky to pin.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hands down: "Mary Did You Know" by Kathy Mattea.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Tonsil-stabbers.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Hate em all.  Hate sappy.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? See #19.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love red and pink.

Missy said...

Oh, you are the anti-Missy! And I love it!!