12.02.2009

Pat Me

I don't do frou-frou.  No lace.  Nothing scratchy.  Nothing fluffy.  I hate cashmere.  Yes, Clinton.  Yes Stacey.  I. Hate. Cashmere.  When I was looking for a wedding dress, I gave the clerks minor pulmonary infarctions because
1.  my wedding date was less than one year away
and
2.  I didn't want ANY lace.  Of any kind.

So we're doing 2nd grade homework.  You know, the stuff I've been struggling with so much?  There was a vocabulary word and Boo looked up at me and said,

What's "lace?"

I'm a goooooood mama!

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

We are kindred in this. When I went shopping for my wedding dress, I looked every clerk in the eye and said, "no beads. no bows. no lace." End of discussion. Heh.

Tammey said...

Way to go!

rosemary said...

So funny. I am a no frills kind of girl too. My wedding was actually white on white because I just wanted it all to be as simple as possible (and because I didn't want to mess around w/ all that color scheme mess). Everything goes with white, right?