2.10.2011

Things I Love Thursday

I am "inspired" by my friend Jo-Lynne, who was inspired by Jill to talk about what I love.  Glass half full.  Jo-Lynne thinks February is dull and drab.  Pshaw!  Pshaw, I say

Seriously, I *love* February.  But it's easy for me to say because I am not adversely affected by the winter months.  I know several people very close to me who are, so I know it is a real issue.  Here's what I love about February:

New Florence, PA
  1. Snow.  We Christian-type folks always hope for a white Christmas, but I notice people around these here parts do not want it to stay.  I think if it started snowing at 5:00 Christmas Eve and melted the day after Christmas, it would be hunky-dorry.  Not me.  I love me my snow.  The kind that stays.  I grew up in central Pennsylvania, where it is not unusual to see mounds of snow in parking lots in April.  Around balmy Philadelphia though, usually, after a couple of months of pretending to snow, we might get a real snow around this time of year.  I remember how drab the world seems after the leaves fall and before the snow comes.  And when it comes?  It always reminds me of the glory of God - how He covers our sins ...so that we are as white as snow.
  2. Snow.  Did I say this already?  Speaking of memory, here's a funny one.  You can insert "menopausal" for "elderly:" "
    Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades.  Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures.  Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. 


    One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said,
    Now don't get mad at me.  I know we've been friends for a long time, but I just can't think of your name!  I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it.  Please tell me what your name is...

    Her friend glared at her for at least three minutes; she just stared and glared at her.  Finally she said, How soon do you need to know? 

     

    OK, so.  Snow: The Sequel:  I love watching Boo play in the snow.  That kid is never cold, and he loves to be outside whether it's 9 below zero or 9 above 100.



  3. 2011
    2010
    2009

    3. Happy Birthday to Me!! It's my birthday month.  And though the delight of getting one year older is waning, I still love being surprised by my HH with something delightful, no matter how many times I tell him not to get me anything.

    I think Three is a perfect number for Thing I Love Thursday.  And finishing about me, right? ;-)



3 comments:

Haley said...

I hope you continue your "Things I Love Thursdays."
I'm not a big snow person. Where we live we get a lot of snow. The snow that stays. It is currently white thanks to another 5" Saturday but just last week it was gray with grime and dirt.
I'm clumsy. Snow and ice make me clumsier. Plus, I don't like being cold. Or wet. Or having the soaking wet pant legs for 30 min. after I get to work. But that's just me.
However, I do love the look of snow. I love when trees hang, bowed over, with the weight of snow and everything is glistening. From the comfort of my window seat that is...

The Diaper Diariesw said...

Thanks for participating. I live in michigan so we get plenty of snow. PLENTY ;)

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

i love snow - except when i have to shovel it ;-) but sitting inside on a snowy day, drinking coffee and reading a book? HEAVEN.