6.07.2008

Saturation Point

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Then God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so.
- Genesis 1:1,2 & 6,7 (NASB)

But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.
- Genesis 2:6 (NASB)

It's supposed to be 83 degrees now; it's supposed to feel like 93. The weather report says the humidity is 69%. To me, it feels like 99 degrees and 99% humidity. And in today's case, the sun is only making things more intense. In other words, it's stinkin' hot. My glasses fog up outside. My hair's frizzing out. I can practically see the mold growing. It'll probably help the weeds to thrive and the vegetables to rot.

Adam and Eve had constant communion with God Almighty and they were never going to grow old! My wrinkles are definitely still on me and I have to struggle to have communion with God. He's always here, but I'm not always in prayer with Him. But the glory is, despite the Fall, God allows us to have communion with Him, to have eternal life. As adopted heirs through Christ our Lord. In heat, cold, sun and rain. The "good" times and the "bad." Amazing. I wish I could remember the Spirit saturates my soul more thoroughly than the humidity clings to my pores.

Now you'll have to excuse me. I've got to go put on some hair gel.

*

No comments: