1.02.2009

Confessions of One Tugged Heart

Every once in awhile, I get a hankering. A hankering, a hungering, a longing.
For another child.

I go to a "waiting child" site and look at all the little ones waiting. Waiting for a new mama. A third mama, a fourth mama . . . a Forever Mama. One waiting one will tug at me, calling to me, like this one:


There's something about him that reminds me of my Boo:


Maybe they don't look alike at all. Maybe it's a little sadness, a little uncertainty so common with children waiting for a new mama. We are waaay past the regulation age limit. HH has some health issues. I have some health issues. Boo, our only, is just right for us. I've thought this through a hundred times. Two hundred times.

"La coeur a ses raison que la raison ne connait point."
- Blaise Pascal

*

UPDATE: Here he is at what must be around 16-18 months:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I sure see the similarities, too. Those eyebrows... nose, mouth... I pray that little one receives the parents he so needs.

Musings of a Housewife said...

You had to send me to google, didn't you?

ConverseMomma said...

Oh, I so get this. I do this all the time. We must be twins, because your post could have been written by me. Maybe, we'll end up adopting again. Who knows....

Third Mom said...

I know what you mean. There's no explanation, it just grabs you.

Now that my husband and I are light years past the age limit, I find my mind turning to grandchildren. My kids are running for the hills.

Anonymous said...

I had a very similar thing happen recently. It does jolt you.

Anonymous said...

Where are you? I'm going through Blackbelt Oma withdrawals. Tell me you're all healthy!