1.22.2009

It's My Bag

I promised HH that I'd go to bed early tonight, but I'm playin with Lora, cuz I'm blackbelt and I gotta. I love my bag cuz it's really sharp, just the right size and it's got that zippered part like Lora's and lots of other little pockets for me to put litte stuff that we women are always feeling like we have to have just in case. I love the top stitching that matches my gloves that are black and have topstitching and it also matches my super comfortable black pumps that are black and have topstitching that I can wear with jeans. I carry it everyday that I'm wearing black which is almost every day unless I'm going to church or something or feeling extra spunky. I've been carrying it with my very warm black cashmere coat that I got at Neiman's which I don't have to tell you the price of cuz that's not this meme!



My adorable, totally functional bag was $6 at a thrift store. Blackbelt scooooooores!

This meme is Beth's from Total Mom Haircut and here are her rules:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today (or the last time you left the house - it’s freaking snowing here so you know I’m in my velour pants today and the green precious is sitting on the steps).
2) I want to know how much it cost :) and this is not to judge, because I’m honestly telling you I was ready to put down some cash; I just got lucky. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.
3) Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag.

I tag Carla, of Four by 40 cuz she's so not a bagaholic. Unless it's for Aldi. But we'll have to wait until she gets home from doing her great work. And Grace at Serious Whimsey cuz she should have some Whimsey now.

*

6 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Well you know that I love all your bags. You do have good taste! But this thrift store thing, oh how I wish I'd been handed that gene.

Anonymous said...

$6?! I think you win:) I'm pretty sure no one else had had something for such a great price. And it's in SUCH good shape.

...and topstitching. Oh, how I love topstitching. Please note my new bag also has some, which was practically a requirement.

Thanks for playing:)

blackbelt said...

Check out Grace at Serious Whimsey!
http://seriouswhimsey.wordpress.com/2009/01/24/bag-tag/

Beth Cotell said...

What a great bag! I love the shape and size. And it only cost $6! How come I never find anything this nice at thrift stores!

Lora said...

I love that bag! I can never find a good black bag, not for $600 not for $6. so jealous!

blackbelt said...

Yeah, and it's petroleum byproducts, too, so I don't have to freak when Boo spills a drink on it!!