and made meself some skinny jeans!!
If you want to know how I did it, then read on.
So I've been looking for some skinny jeans that are appropriate for me: 50, chubby, 5'3", muffinable, Korean proportioned me. Oh, and cheap. Blackbelt shopping cheap.
I went to Chicos because their jeans will keep the muffin from overflowing. But at $79-89?? and literally needing to cut 8" off the bottom?? Every other pair I looked at had the additional problem of being low-rise.
This past week, I opened up my winter pants drawer and found a pair of jeans I'd forgotten about. They have a touch a Lycra, a deep rise and are a dark wash boot leg jeans. They were the perfect length and the perfect price: $7. Seven dollar jeans?? Yes! at the thrift store. (Check back for my post on shopping thrift stores.)
1. Make sure they fit well at your waist and hiney.
2. Make sure they have Lycra.
3. Check all seams along the legs to make sure they are single stitched like this:
4. You know they can't have pleats, right? Right??
5. They should be black, dark denim or white, without any bling.
6. Flip them inside-out, start pinching and pinning to what you are comfortable with.
7. Keeping the stitch length as long as your machine will allow, sew.
8. Flip them back right-side-in and try them on. Do this as often as you need to get it right before making your final stitching run.