10.31.2008

Good Enough for Me

I am not an intellectual. I am not even a dilettante. I supposed I could hold my own at a cocktail party. But, if you've been reading this blog, you know that I have these mind wanderings. I've thought a bit about aesthetics, perfection and the pursuit of happiness.

So, my question is, who decided "excellent" was, well, excellent? And does being "excellent" blind you to the "good?"

I contend that pursuing the best you can be, is the best you can do. I contend that expecting others to live up to your definition of excellence is being a noisy gong. I contend that always wanting excellent can be a way of keeping yourself from accepting something good. And lovely. And joyful.

These things, I have concluded for myself.

*

1 comment:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.