3.31.2010

Me Meme

This is cool.  Blogging is all about what you say you are.  Few visual cues.  Oh maybe you can know something by the font they chose, the background.  But we never get to see any writing.  Hand writing, that is.  (Does anyone ever write anymore?)  What does it say about you?  What does it reveal?  We architects spent hours practicing our writing..."lettering."  In fact, we might even get hired or not based on our lettering.

The Rules
Write the following:
1) Your name/blog name.
2) Right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?
3) Favorite letters to write.
4) Least favorite letters to write.
5) Write “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
6) Write the following words in capital letters:
- CRAB
- HUMOR
- KALEIDOSCOPE
- PAJAMAS
- GAZILLION
7) Write your favorite song lyric.
8) Tag people!
9) Any special note or picture.

6 comments:

Lora said...

oh it's SO unnatural and practiced, but it's GORGEOUS!! I love it.

I want to see something that you wrote in high school.

Julie said...

The first thing I thought of was that it looked like an architect's writing. Then you said it too!

grace said...

if your writing was a font I would buy it.

Rebecca said...

Oh dear, you do have the penmanship. I adore artful penmanship. It's a great idea for a post, I have to try this soon.

Architect's handwriting ... so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Grace-this is so funny! I swear your handwriting is EXACTLY like my sister in laws handwriting. You know...the one who is the architect.

My thoughts on handwriting go all the way back to 8th grade when I sat next to a good friend of mine who also happened to be the most beautiful girl in our HS. She had absolutely perfect handwriting. It was as if her handwriting matched the way she looked-which happened to be perfect. Her handwriting represented her.

The ironic thing about handwriting is that it can be very deceiving. Some family members that are very in your face, outspoken, opinion on everything have this very tiny, don't look at me, almost insecure handwriting! lol

My sil who is an architect has a lovely and unique handwriting just like you but it doesn't really reflect her personality at all. So often I've wondered if it's who she wishes she were deep down or thinks maybe she is except that it's not how I receive her at all.

Then there are the friends or relatives who write beautiful, warm, thoughtful letters via email or snail mail. But when you get together their conversation totally lacks intimacy and they are really not outwardly warm at all! I have also always suspected that deep down this is at the core of 'who' they are but for some reason they cannot bridge the gap to express it when they are face to face. Very interesting.

I'll have to try this! -C

Ansley said...

I like your 'B'