I'm It. Incognito Mom, who became a little less so, has dared me to reveal 7 things about myself that I haven't before. I'm supposed to tag others but I'm not gonna play. Because I have this rebellious streak.
1. I have this rebellious streak. I know, I'm this conservative Christian, and you might think I'm all into institutionalized everything, but I'm not. I hate being told what to do. Unless you have the right to. Like you're my boss. Or you're God.
2. I used to be a cheerleader. OK, it was in 9th grade but I was the captain, y'know. It was the hardest thing I'd done. I was totally incompetent to lead a group of 15-year old girls. But then, who is?
3. I'm an introvert. Reading me on this blog, you might not be too surprised, but if you met me in person, you would be. I'm loud and straightforward and pretty much not scared of anyone.
4. I think I look better than I do. I realized awhile ago that I never seemed happy with how I looked, that I was always criticizing this or that about my body. When I was 24 and a size 4. When I was 26 and a size 6. When I was 38 and a size 8. So, I reasoned, why not like where I am now? Did I know at 30 that I'd go up a size at 40? Do I know now what I'll be next year? I just try to look my best and enjoy it.
5. I didn't like my husband on our first date. Let this be a lesson to any of you who aren't married yet! I was terribly underwhelmed on our first date. Oh, he was pleasant and all. It was a friend who convinced me that if it wasn't a bad date, to give the relationship a chance. I think God sent me that friend just so she could tell me that. Because you all know I think HH is the best thing since...well, the best thing.
6. I was a total slacker goof ball in school. From the beginning of time up until grad school, I did only enough to get good grades. It's a wonder my parents didn't beat me up.
7. I am a genius. BWAhahahahaha!! That was for AmyA.