5.13.2008

Alexander Day

Monday, May 12, 2008

On Saturday, I had an "Alexander" day. You know, The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day day. It was a small thing, but I find it's often the small things that push me over the edge.

I needed to go to Old Money Towne to get my glasses fixed. It is an hour's drive from Po'town, so I'd been avoiding it. So Saturday, I pulled my Mother's Day card and got HH (Handsome Husband) and Booboo (Adorable 5 year old male child) to join me on this trip. Halfway into the trip, I realize I forgot the glasses that needed fixin' and it would be too late to turn around and besides who wants to do that right??

So we pulled over at Bird Top Convenience Store to ponder our situation, during which time my HH pondered and I hurumphed and gullumphed and acted very mature. Boo and I step out of the car to get something to drink. So Boo, all 47" and 5 years of him, says, "Mom, stop on the sidewalk for a minute." Which we do. Then he says,
"I want to give you a hug so you won't be sad anymore."

Goodbye, Alexander.

No comments: