9.18.2008

Funky Town

Boo has started full day school. I have been looking forward to this for all 6 years. When he was gone for half days, I purposely did not do any housework or errands unless I really wanted to do them. Those 2-1/2 hours I had to myself, I wanted for myself. I shamelessly spent them wandering the aisles of a thrift store. . . or Bloomingdales. (I know, I'm schizo.)


The other week, after Bible Study was over at 11:00, I realized I didn't have to rush off to the car line. I still had...3-1/2 hours. To myself. The past couple of days, I realized I do not feel like doing anything. Shopping does not excite me. (I might lose my blackbelt over this.) I certainly don't want to do housework.


Then, it dawned on me. I am in a funk. All those years, waiting for Boo to be in school all day. And all I can do all day. . . is miss him.





*

2 comments:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

its like when you finally get a date with your husband - time away with no kids to distract you - and all you talk about is the kids ;-)

blackbelt said...

That is so right on.