1.16.2009

Be Still My Heart

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Srsly. This is the kind of thing that gets me really, really, really excited. It's something that has always been "me" and won't ever change.

Listen to him. Really listen. The whole thing. Wade Davis is an Explorer with the National Geographic, a modern day Indiana Jones! When we are eroding the rain forest, we are also eroding a people. It is not just about the inanimate global warming and animal habitats. It is about people. He gives us delicious morsals of their belief systems, their place in the world. I savor the kiss of knowlege and it reveals how pedantic and pedestrian our own "advanced" lives are.

I've read many a National Geographic. I used to read TimeLife books as a child. Read the encyclopedia for fun. And yet, I was stunned.

Believe. See. It is Amazing.




I love Ted.

*

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. Husband and I were fascinated!